The Clinic provides instruction on a one-to-one basis with each clinic student working with a trained experienced clinic therapist. The Clinic allows us to focus on specific needs for the student during the clinic hours. Each child receives an assessment of current functioning levels and an Individual Clinic Program to develop the goals and objectives to address the areas of need. Although the Clinic is primarily utilized for intensive language intervention, the Clinic can be used to address a wide variety of skill deficit areas including but not limited to:
- For children who are non-verbal who need intensive language intervention.
- For children who are verbal but are not utilizing their language as effectively as
- possible in their everyday lives or will engage in reciprocal conversations.
- For children who need to work on social communication skills.
- For children who are struggling academically and are at risk of falling behind.
- For students who are unable to be successful in the classroom environment due
- to behavioral excess or other undefined behavioral deficits.